You have already received an invitation to join UMAP 2020 workspace on SLACK. What is needed from you is just the following: click on the link in the email and then enter your name and a password that you choose when you are required for that. If you do not find the invitation email to SLACK contact us.
July 24, 2020
UMAP 2020 is over. It successfully experimented with using Slack workspace to support interaction and discussion.
Each paper got several questions and answers from authors.
We are happy to announce that questions and answers are available upon request.
Please write to general chairs.
July 10, 2020
Here you can find instructions for all UMAP 2020 registered participants. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
We will use a set of online platforms to make you join, interact, participate, and enjoy UMAP 2020 virtual!
ZOOM: for Video Conferencing
- The main platform for the conference will be Zoom. If you do not have Zoom installed already, you need to access https://zoom.us/download to download the Zoom Desktop Client for your operating system. Participants who are not presenters and do not have staff functions can also use the Zoom web client with limited features.
- Each conference session (including opening/closing) will have a unique Zoom URL.
- Each UMAP 2020 registered participant has been added as a user to Zoom sessions. Take care of logging in using the email and personal data you provided when you registered for the UMAP conference.
- Every day you will be invited to join the ZOOM session of that day – if you don’t get an invitation, let us know (email, Slack)
- In addition to the personal invitations that will be sent at the beginning of the day, the URLs of Zoom sessions will be available only to registered attendees through the SLACK platform half an hour before the session starts.
SLACK: the starting point for attending UMAP 2020
- You have already received an invitation to join UMAP 2020 workspace on SLACK. What is needed from you is just the following: click on the link in the email and then enter your name and a password that you choose when you are required for that. Please make sure to allow Slack notifications – so you will not miss important messages.
- SLACK is the platform where we will post the URL of the Zoom sessions.It is also the place where we will be sharing information about the conference, (messages, announcements and warnings), and where participants can discuss what they are seeing and learning.
- Each session in the conference program has a Slack channel assigned for discussion, where authors of the papers will also answer your questions. Keep in mind this point when you attend the session.
- Workshops have a specific workspace on SLACK: UMAP 2020 workshops. Those who selected one or more workshops in the registration for UMAP conference have been invited to join this SLACK workspace as well.
- Besides the rooms and channels for the conference sessions, there will be one Zoom room and one SLACK channel called “Chill out room”. The SLACK channel is open 24/7 so you can always chat with other conference attendees. The Zoom room will open 20 minutes before the first break, i.e., between the first and the second conference session. This room will not be recorded, while the other conference sessions will be.
- Users can use the Conference Navigator CN3 to have personalized recommendations of papers, read the papers and related materials, look for authors and other attendees, and schedule talks.
- To get the most from Conference Navigator, please read the information at this link!
- SIGCHI QOALA conference management system is public. It lets you browse day-to-day sessions and presentations. ACM users can also create custom schedules of talks. There will be links here to access papers and after the conference, video links to the archived talks as well.
- To access the personal features, you will need to login with your ACM credentials.
As a registered participant, you will be able to download the ACM UMAP 2020 proceedings and Adjunct proceedings. You can download the proceedings by ACM digital library by clicking on the link below, starting from Jul 14 or from the Conference Navigator tool from now on.
As a registered participant, you will also have free access to selected publications on “now publishers”: You will need a Now Publishers account and the following access code: UMAP-9506. Once logged in, you will have unlimited access to the content. This access is available from Sunday 12 July until Saturday 18 July. The access code will be valid for the full period, but you will need to enter it every time you login.