UMAP 2020 Call for Student Volunteers Applications
The UMAP Student Award Program is intended to help student authors be a part of the first online UMAP conference.
Student Awards are given to students to encourage them to attend UMAP 2020. Preference will be given to Doctoral Consortium presenters and to students who are first authors and will present their paper at the conference. Preference will be also given to Ph.D. students and to underrepresented groups such as women. Students from low income countries are also encouraged to apply, regardless of whether they are authors or not.
The UMAP 2020 conference will take place online instead of physically in Genoa, Italy, due to Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, student volunteers will be requested to help session chairs (according to their time zones) manage the virtual sessions. They should also provide technical assistance remotely to attendees in connecting to the online platform and speakers during presentations. Sessions will be covered by several students so that the load for each student will be limited. Student volunteers will thus have the opportunity to attend several sessions.
Training will be provided to the volunteers on the use and troubleshooting of the conference tools, if necessary. Throughout the conference, the student volunteers will also be assisted by student volunteers chairs.
Financial support will be provided via reimbursement of the registration fees.
Apply for the grant here: https://forms.gle/fEeMuRqh8M8D4uVU6
The application form is for grant applications funded by multiple sponsors (not only NSF).
Due date is:
June 20 June 30, 2020, 11:59 PM AoE time (Anywhere on Earth)
- We suggest you apply for the grant once you have completed the conference registration.
- UMAP 2020 will make use of the ZOOM video conferencing service so you must indicate:
– Your degree of ZOOM experience;
– Your physical location (i.e., time zone).
- In the application form, we request you to upload a proof to certify your current student status, such as a letter from your supervisor, or student ID.
Special rules in NSF grant for UMAP 2020
- NSF Grant is used to support students who are studying in US institutions.
- Supported students should come from different universities. Or, if two of them happen to come from the same university, then at least one should be either a woman or a member of some other minority group. Namely, we may not be able to support multiple students who come from the same university. But other grants may cover it.