If you are interested in any aspect of systems that acquire information about a user (or group of users) so as to be able to adapt their behavior to that user or group, you have come to the right place! UM Inc. is a society of researchers and practitioners who are interested in developing adaptive systems and personalizing users’ experience with systems. Numerous applications of such systems exist for example in the area of natural language understanding and dialogue systems, in computer-based educational systems and online learning environments, in systems for computer supported collaboration, recommender systems for e-Commerce, news and entertainment.
14-17 July 2020, Genoa, Italy
- Tsvi Kuflik, University of Haifa, Isreal
- Ilaria Torre, University of Genoa, Italy
- Robin Burke, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
- Cristina Gena, University of Turin, Italy
Paper deadline: 7 February 2020 (abstracts due 31 January 2020)
Best Paper Award
Effect of Values and Technology Use on Exercise: Implications for Personalized Behavior Change Interventions
Yelena Mejova and Kyriaki Kalimeri
James Chen Best Student Paper Award
One size does not fit all: Badge Behavior in Q&A sites
Stav Yanovsky, Nicholas Hoernle, Omer Lev and Kobi Gal
ACM UMAP Conference series on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization, sponsored by ACM - Association for Computing Machinery (SIGCHI & SIGWEB) and coordinated by User Modeling Inc. is looking for future hosts for 2021 and 2022.
- When hosting ACM UMAP the ACM - Association for Computing Machinery takes all of the financial responsibility and therefore needs to approve a detailed bid with budget info. This is why we must start the preparations almost two years in advance.
- ACM UMAP is a conference with typically between 130 and 190 participants. User Modeling Inc may provide some limited funds for sponsoring PhD students who wish to attend. ACM - Association for Computing Machinery will contribute too. But to ensure good student participation you should look for other sponsors as well.
- User Modeling Inc. collaborates closely with the organizer in selecting general and program co-chairs and other people involved and in practical matters like selecting the dates, the conference structure, etc.
The bids have to be sent by email to Lora Aroyo (president) Cristina Gena (secretary), no later than August 30, 2019.